iPhone requires iTunes Sync to set ringtones created by Ringtone Star on your iPhone.
A) How to transfer ringtones to iTunes Library
1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your PC, then you can see it under DEVICES.
2. Click Apps on the top of iTunes.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the Apps tab.
4. Click Ringtone Star on the Apps list in the File Sharing section, then all ringtones show up in the Ringtone Star Documents section.
5. Click the ringtone files and drag to your desktop and drop them.
6. Drag ringtone files from the desktop to LIBRARY and drop them.
7. Click the Ringtones folder and check that the ringtones are properly in there.
B) How to confirm your iTunes Sync option
1. Click the Summary tab on the top of your iTunes.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the Summary tab.
3. Please make sure whether “Manually manage music and videos” is checked or not.
C-a) If you manage music and videos manually
1. Click the Ringtones folder under LIBRARY.
2. Select ringtones and drag to DEVICES and drop them.
3. Click the Ringtones folder under DEVICES and check out all ringtones are there.
C-b) If you don’t manage music and videos manually
1. Click the Ringtones tab on the top of your iTunes.
2. Check a mark on Sync Ringtones
3. Click the Apply button, then the Sync button on the bottom right.
*** FAQs ***
A-5) Should I save ringtones on my desktop before moving them to LIBRARY? How about moving them from Ringtone Star Documents on the File sharing section to LIBRARY?
Yes, you should save ringtones on you computer first. If you move ringtones from File sharing to Library, it won’t work.
A-6) I cannot see the Ringtones folder under the LIBRARY. What should I do?
Please, just drop ringtones on LIBRARY. The Ringtones folder will appear automatically.
A-6) I did, but still no Ringtones folder…!!?
The Ringtones folder should show up, but sometimes it doesn’t show up. Please click Edit on the menu bar, choose Preferences, then check a mark on Ringtones.
A-6) I dropped ringtones in LIBRARY, but they are not there.
Sometimes it happens. Please click File on the menu bar and choose Add File to Library to add the ringtones.
C-a) I manage music and videos manually. Can I put ringtones in DEVICES from my desktop(not from LIBRARY)?
No. I thought “Yes” before, but I was wrong. You should put ringtones in LIBRARY first then move them to DEVICES. If you put your ringtones from your desktop, you can see them in the Ringtones folder under DEVICES. HOWEVER, only one ringtone shows up on your iPhone. This is the reason of “I made five ringtones but only one shows up on my iPhone”. This happens for videos as well as for ringtones.
C-a) I already did so. What should I do to solve this problem?
Click the Ringtones folder under the DEVICES, select ringtones which don’t appear on your iPhone, and delete them(by right click).
C-b) I don’t manage music and videos manually. I synced but there’s no ringtone on my iPhone.
Please make sure that you mark a check on the Ringtones tab on your iTunes.
* The alert(says like that “I will lost my music and videos in iPhone”) pops up.
If you sync with another iTunes on another computer, you can see that message. Please use only one iTunes to sync with your iPhone.
* I already lost my music and videos. What should I do?
Unfortunately, there’s no solution. You should sync to the iTunes with your music and videos in its LIBRARY again.
* What will happen if I change the option(Manually manage music and videos)?
It depends on the version of your iTunes. The recent version keeps most of the songs and videos on your phone. However, older versions delete all of them, so you should put music and videos into your iPhone again.
* Is it possible to move ringtones in Ringtones Star to any computers, or should I do it on the iTunes which I mainly Sync to?
You can move ringtones to any computers with iTunes.
* Can I put my ringtones to Ringtone Star? I want to keep them in Ringtone Star to send them to my friends.
Drag your ringtones on your computer to Ringtone Star Documents on the Apps tab of iTunes.
* I want to back up videos downloaded to my computer.
Drag the “_Videos” folder from Ringtone Star Documents on the Apps tab of iTunes to your computer and open it. All videos downloaded are in there.